Science is a team effort. The research environment at CoRE is collaborative, including:
- Professional Researchers from:
- the Colorado School of Mines
- Chevron Energy Technology Company (ETC), and
- other Universities;
- Graduate Research Assistants pursuing M.S. or Ph.D. degrees;
- Professional technical support staff; and
- Mines' Undergraduate or Professional M.S. students who provide technical assistance.
Together the team focuses on addressing challenges faced by Chevron ETC in exploration, production, and development of deepwater, fluvial, and shallow marine reservoirs. Using a quantitative outcrop characterization research approach, the Center develops databases and empirically based rules and workflows.
CoRE Deepwater Research
CoRE research projects are focused in one of three depositional environments. Learn more:
Check out fieldwork photos from our 200+ person days/year in the field.