Deepwater Research Program
Key technology gaps we are working to address:
- Regional: Prediction of sand distribution - identification of sand fairways and architecture (channels vs. sheets)
- Field Scale: Prediction of reservoir quality - there is a large range in reservoir quality in individual wells. How does depositional facies control reservoir quality?
CoRE researchers are actively studying outcrops of three deepwater systems:
- Late Cretaceous Point Loma Formation, California
- Paleogene Ainsa Basin, Spain
- Miocene Modelo Formation, California